Saturday, May 17, 2008

Random Observations/Tips

  • Barbers = mirrors pinned to trees with one rusty old chair on the side of the dusty road. Tell me fellas...would you be happy to let a man with a razor loose on your throat under these conditions?!
  • Indian waiters know better what you need than you do. Example:
    • Me: 'Can I have the chicken tikka, please? And can I have chips with that?'
    • Waiter (with shocked look on his face): 'You can't eat tikka with chips, you have to have rice or naan'
    • Me: 'Erm...ooook, can I have chicken tikka with plain rice and chips, please?'
    • Waiter: 'Of course, m'am'.
  • I'm a lot whiter than Indian folk...they like to remind me with constants stares and requests to be in pictures with me.
  • You're as likely to cross cows, monkeys and dogs on a pedestrian bridge as you are people. One could almost call them pedestrians!
  • A 'head waggle' can mean anything from yes, to maybe, to 'I haven't got a clue what you're talking about'.
  • If a travel agency in Rishikesh tells you to turn right, turn left.
  • If your stomach is telling you not to eat spicy food, it's very difficult to find anything plain to eat that isn't rice.

No comments: